Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Leti's Happiness Project 2012

It was another date night Uela was in charge of and I knew we would be spending the evening at B&N. Over two months ago, I got Uela a nookColor. Besides the fact that there's an ever growing library all around me, I got the nook thinking we could save money on buying books since ebooks are cheaper...epic fail! He still would rather have the book. I love B&N when I find a good read but every other month when Uela is in charge is a bit much. It's always suppose to be low-budget date night. I always find it fun to browse around, and flip through books and magazines with no intentions of buying them. But one of us always has intentions of buying. Only this time, it was me.

I came across an interesting book. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It's part memoir and part self help book. It has practical "how to become happier" advice in each page of her personal story--a year-long project--than most self-help books. Her month-by-month plan, wide range book reading and everyday details of how she discovered what worked for her and what did not has been inspiring to say the least. I understood her discovery of learning most, not from studies, but from several individuals approach to happiness had the most relevance for me too.

So thanks to date night and Uela's obsession with books and B&N, I will be working on my own Happiness Project for 2012, a new way to set my resolution(s). I will be blogging about it to keep you all posted. Although there's not a whole lot I would change in my life, but I think there is always room for more happiness.

GIVE PROOFS OF LOVE "There is no love; there are only proofs of love. Whatever love I might feel in my heart, others will see only my actions."

For more info click here

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment