Sunday, June 21, 2009

I adore you "DAD!"

Being that today is father's day and my daddy is my favorite person in the world, I just couldn't go without posting. I'm proud to say that I'm a big daddy's girl and I think all 3 of us girls are. I don't think anyone could have had a better childhood than we had. Our family loved each other. Dad was and still is a devoted husband and father. He loves his family with all his heart. In our house love was not a word that was easily spoken, but it was practiced constantly every day of our lives. Everyone that knows dad knows that the grandchildren are the joys of his life. When grandpa's home, the kids are free to run thru the house like a pack of elephants--even with flames burning out of grandma's ears. lol

More than his family, Dad loves his Heavenly Father. Anyone who spends any time around him knows his love for the gospel and especially for the members of his ward. He is a quiet and very humble man with a great sense of humor. No matter what happened we learned to laugh at our many misadventures. Dad is known as the biggest jokster and whenever there's a roar of laughter, its a given--dad is there. They say that laughter is the best medicine, and I believe it because we seldom needed medicine growing up, but we always had plenty of laughter.

Dad instilled good values and work ethic into his children. He truly believes in the "Golden Rule" and made it a way of life. Many times I see my Dad tired from a long, hard day's work reach out a helping hand to a friend, neighbor, or ward member in need. What he has he is always willing to share with others, especially the elderly. He has a very special love for them. Dads favorite thing to do is cook and deliver to the elderly members in the ward. His cooking is off the hook!

I know I can always depend on Dad. I have such confidence and trust that he would be there to take care of me. He never lets me down, not once. I know how much he loves me. That kind of love comes from only one source, God. Dad is a very spiritual man with a heart of gold. What he does in his life is not for the approval of man or self-glory, but out of PURE LOVE. Next to God, Dad is the greatest example to me of Pure Love. Dad I love you for the person you are and all you continue to teach me. I don't ever remember a time you weren't there for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

4 comments:

  1. What a nice post! Dad's are THEE best along with being a Daddy's girl! Hope you guys had a nice holiday today!! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to the post about Devyn's daddy? LOL! I love you too DAD. You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL@Lora! You said it spot on--Devyn's dad, not Leti's dad, Devyn's dad! lol just kidding. Devyn's daddy got an extra special gift lol.

    Thanks Kassie! Hope you had a great holiday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL@Lora! You said it spot on--Devyn's dad, not Leti's dad, Devyn's dad! lol just kidding. Devyn's daddy got an extra special gift lol.

    Thanks Kassie! Hope you had a great holiday too!

    ReplyDelete