Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sushi or Death?

Sushi is one of our favorite culinary indulgences. The different combinations of flavors, colors, textures and subtle aromas are a delight that we look forward to whenever we can. Uela is a sushi fanatic while I on the other hand--well, I really enjoy it but can LIVE without sushi for awhile. Devyn much like her dad, also eats sushi like french fries. We have experienced sushi from east to west in Utah :) and a few in Los Angeles, but one day I hope to go to Japan for more diverse approaches to sushi, perhaps even a culinary tour of Japan might be in the works at some point before I die.

The sisters gathered our husbands and headed off for a sushi experience this weekend. Of course for us it isn't complete without eel sauce, spicy mayo sauce and the boring old soy sauce--is it still even considered a sushi experience with all that dipping sauce? :) Nonetheless, it was great company and tasty food. But why is sushi so popular among westerners? Hmmm, maybe we love it because we try to be so politically correct, or we all need something new to spend our money on. Whatever the reason, I still love you sushi. My favorite resource for tasty sushi is Kyoto down on 1080 East and 1300 South. Yup, that's right--right here in the S-L-C! Uela begs to differ, he prefers Joe Sushi in L.A.

4 comments:

  1. I hope some day I will like sushi!!! I will have to tell my hubby about that one between him and my daughters I dont know whos worse with sushi lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... there is one here in SLC... So when are we gonna go... I think that sounds good right about now! Call me... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys LOVE sushi!! I got brave, tried it once in ATL and had a horrible experience with it... probably should've laid off of the wasabi sauce? Anyway, I'm too traumatized to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boys LOVE sushi!! I got brave, tried it once in ATL and had a horrible experience with it... probably should've laid off of the wasabi sauce? Anyway, I'm too traumatized to give it another go.

    ReplyDelete